So how can you please your visitors so they return to your site?
Here are a few suggestions:
1. Keep your site fresh; update the content on your frequently. Dormant sites are dropped by some search engines as well, which will reduce all your traffic anyhow.
2. Offer extra value to your visitors; you can identify related complementary sites and put links to these additional products and services. Ask those sites to do the same for you. You can also advertise books and videos that relate to your business and are not in competition with your own offers. And, you can offer printable discount or special offer coupons that your website visitors can use.
3. Encourage your visitors to bookmark your site; provide a button that will pre-fill an “Add to Favorites” on your visitors’ PC.
4. Add a link to your blog or other social networking site. Blogs or other social networking sites can draw visitors if you are willing to provide content to these.
5. Brand your website with a friendly, attractive scheme, so that visitors always recognize when they are on your site's pages. Use a clear logo and consistent 'look and feel'. Always include a 'Contact Us' link in your navigation bar.
7. Create a Frequently Asked Questions page which answers most of the concerns about your business, product or services that people generally ask. This helps to allay the main doubts people have when they first visit your website.
8. Use clear titles and keywords and a clear navigation so that your visitors can find their way back to your site if they lose their bookmark.
Visitors will come back if they like your products and see that your site is fresh and even more so if there's a different offer from time to time.
Based on info from Jay Allyson - Pro Marketing Consultant