Zig Ziglar, one of the world's most famous salesmen, who inspired millions with his message of positivity and personal achievement, passed away in late November, 2012 at the age of 86.
He was known around the world as a performance trainer for major corporations, motivational speaker, and author of best-selling books such as See You at the Top and Secrets of Closing the Sale. In his autobiography Zig, published 10 years ago, he wrote, "If my life has had a theme, I suppose it has been a typical American theme in that, for most of it, I have been looking for happiness and success." But his life was remarkable in his dedication to helping others find the same.
The following are a dozen of Ziglar's most inspirational quotes for achieving personal and professional success.
- If you can dream it, you can achieve it. You will get all you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want.
- Building a better you is the
first step to building a better
- People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.
- An optimist is someone who goes after Moby Dick in a row boat and takes the tartar sauce with him.
- Remember that failure is an event, not a person.
- For every sale you miss because you are too enthusiastic, you will miss a hundred because you’re not enthusiastic enough.
- Success is dependent on the glands – sweat glands.
- Honesty and integrity are absolutely essential to be successful in life – all areas of life. The really good news is that anyone can develop honesty and integrity.
- Timid salesmen have skinny kids.
- The most important persuasion tool you have in your entire arsenal is integrity.
- Money isn’t the most important thing in life, but it’s reasonably close to oxygen on the ‘gotta have it’ scale.
- Stop selling. Start helping.
Source: entrepreneur.com, Nov.,2012