So just what are customers looking for when they come to your site? Here, in no particular order, are the top 10 things customers are trying to find on your website:
- Contact Information, such as phone numbers, email addresses, and physical location.
- Product Information, which means in-depth information on the products or services you provide, including prices.
- Samples of your products or previous work.
- Support, including product information, troubleshooting help, FAQs, etc.
- Shopping, it is important for your customers to quickly find out how to purchase products, be it online or at a physical location where your products are being sold.
- Company Information, such as background information on the business and the management team.
- News and announcements, including press releases and updated product or service enhancements.
- Employment opportunities.
- Back Home, an easy way to get back to your home page where all paths begin in the customer’s mind.
- Simple Navigation that makes all these other items easy to find.
And AS A BONUS, don’t ever forget that a picture is worth 1,000 words. Use them liberally throughout your website, especially to break up large amounts of text.